海运提单背书条款之Multimodal Transport Bill of Lading
发布时间： 2020-06-01 15:58:40
海运提单背书条款Multimodal Transport Bill of Lading
Ⅰ. General Clauses
1) "Carrier" mans QINGDAO UNIOCEAN INTERNATION LOGISTICS CO., LTD.
2) "Carrier" means the person who is named on the front of this Multimodal Transport Bill of Lading (hereinafter called B/L) as a carrier. Concludes a multimodal transport contract with the Merchant and assumes responsibility for the performance thereunder.
3) "Actual Carrier" means the person to whom the performance of the carriage of the Goods. or of part of the carriage, has been entrusted by the Carrier, or any other person to whom such performance has been entrusted by the Actual carrier.
4) "Merchant" means the actual or previous holder of this B/L. and shall include consignor(shipper). consignee, owner and receiver of the Goods. and their agents.
5) "Multimodal Transport Contract" means a single contract for the carriage of Goods by at least two different modes of transport.
6) "Goods" means the property, including live animals as well as containers, pallets or similar article of transport or packaging. not supplied by the Carrier. irrespective of whether such property is to be or is carried on or under deck.
7) "Received" and "Taken in Charge" means that the Goods have been handed over to and accepted for carriage by the Carrier at the place of receipt evidenced in this B/L.
8) "SDR" means the unit of calculation as defined by international Monetary Fund(IMF).
9) "Hague Rules" means the provisions of the international Convention for Unification of certain Rules relating to Bills of Lading signed at Brussels on 25th August 1924.
10) "Hague-Visby Rules" means the Hague Rules as amended by the Protocol signed at Brussels on 23rd February 1968.
11) "COGSA" means the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act of the United States of America approved on 16th April 1936.
Ⅰ-2. Applicability and Issuance of this B/L.
1) Notwithstanding the heading "Multimodal Transport Bill of Lading" the provisions set out and referred to herein shall also apply when the carriage is performed by one mode of transport only.
2) The Carrier, by the issuance of this B/L. undertakes to perform and/or in his own name. to procure the performance of the carriage from the place at which the Goods are taken in charge to the place designated for delivery on the face hereof.
Ⅰ-3. Negotiability and Title to the Goods.
1) By accepting this B/L. the Merchant and his transferee agree with the Carrier that. unless it is marked "non-negotiable" on the face of this B/L. it shall be deemed to constitute the title to the Goods and the holder. by endorsement of this B/L. shall be entitled to receive or to transfer the Goods mentioned on the face hereof.
2) This B/L. shall be negotiable. unless marked "non-negotiable" on the face thereof. This B/L. when negotiable, shall be transferable by endorsement when issued "to order", and without endorsement when issued "to bearer".
3) This B/L shall be prima facie evidence of the taking in charge by the Carrier of the Goods as described on the face hereof. However. proof to the contrary shall not be admissible when this B/L has been negotiated or transferred for valuable consideration to a third party acting in good faith.